BI Norwegian Business School in collaboration with Jönköping University have created a joint Pathway Programme, designed for international students as a bridge towards a bachelor’s degree at BI.
|Full-time Duration:||12 months|
|Starting in:||August 2019|
|Tuition Fee:||80,000 SEK|
The following fees apply for the 2019-20 Academic Year:
- Application fee: SEK 900
- Pathway year (including room and board): SEK 170,000
Pathway Year fees include the following:
- Tuition SEK 80,000
- Lodging at Campus Gränna SEK 90,000 (paid by all students)
- Lunch and Dinner at Campus Gränna
- Student Course Textbooks
- Free Internet Access at Campus Gränna and at JU main campus
- Free Bus Pass allowing travel in the Jönköping metropolitan area
- Student Union Fee
- Participation in leisure activities
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The BI Norwegian Business School and Jönköping University Pathway Programme is designed to improve international students’ English skills and to prepare them for academic studies at BI. The programme also introduces students to Scandinavian society and culture while supporting a solid academic foundation in higher education. The Pathway Programme is delivered at Jönköping University’s Campus Gränna in Sweden.
“Norway surprised me in many ways, with its amazing nature, well-functioned welfare system, Norwegian lifestyle and more. I fell in love with Norway because of its nature, but I am most impressed by its work-life balance. Life is not only about working here.“
Tzu Wei Yang // Taiwan // Bachelor of Business Administration
IS THE PATHWAY PROGRAMME RIGHT FOR ME?
Many aspiring international candidates for BI’s bachelor programmes receive the disappointing message that they cannot be admitted to the programme of their choice. In the vast majority of cases the reason for rejection is:
- The candidate in question holds a high school diploma from a country that does not qualify directly for admission to a bachelor’s degree programme in Norway. These include countries like China, India, Russia, Brazil, and the US. (To check if your secondary education is recognised for direct admission to a bachelor’s degree programme in Norway, please visit the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance) AND/OR
- The candidate in question does not meet the English language requirement of BI (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent).
In order to enable aspiring candidates to pursue the study of their choice at BI, we have developed the BI-Jönköping Pathway Programme. It is designed to qualify students for admission to a BI bachelor’s degree by strengthening the students’ academic and English skills. The BI-Jönköping Pathway programme is right for you if:
- You have a high school diploma from a country that doesn’t qualify directly for admission to a bachelor’s degree programme in Norway AND/OR
- Your IELTS or equivalent language test score is below the level that BI requires (i.e. 6.0 IELTS)
- The minimum entry requirement for the Pathway Programme is equivalent to a 5.0 on the IELTS scale.